Last night I saw this really funny commercial. It’s a Mike and Ike commercial about their “break up”. The commercial features several celebrity cameos by Lamar Odom and Eden Sher (of “The Middle” which is a pretty funny show, if you have never seen it). My favorite segment features the three kids at the end of the commercial).
I really like this campaign because:
1. The commercials are funny
2. Mike and Ike fans can submit their own videos. There are other versions of the commercial and Mike and Ike even has a contest going on for people to submit their own video reactions. There are lots of “reactions” on YouTube. Cute campaign
3. The tumblr has background on what’s happening with the duo. Mike is focused on music and Ike is focused on art. I love the colorful design!
4. The campaign features games which are pretty fun for their fans
5. There is a slight ambiguity as to whether Mike and Ike are really in a relationship or if they are ending their business relationship. This campaign has perfect timing because “gay marriage” is a big topic right now.